Ogilvy & Mather (Sydney) Pty Ltd (ABN 50 005 373 508) collects personal information about you from this website, any of our related websites, social media pages, intranet or mobile applications (each a “Website”) and as provided by you by any other means, including either physically or electronically. Any personal information you provide to us is collected, held and used by us for the purposes of managing and responding to your enquiry or feedback about our products and services; processing and considering employment applications and conducting reference checks; managing our relationship with you; and to provide you with certain content, products and services and, unless you opt-out or unsubscribe, contact you in the future with marketing materials via any medium including mail, telephone and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Message Service), IM (Instant Messaging) and email) or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel whether existing now or in the future.
Ogilvy & Mather (Sydney) Pty Ltd (ABN 50 005 373 508) (collectively referred to as “Ogilvy”, “we”, “us” or “our”) is committed to providing you with the best possible customer service experience. Ogilvy is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), which sets out a number of principles concerning the privacy of individuals
Anonymity and pseudonymity
Collection of personal information by Ogilvy
There are many aspects of the site which can be viewed without providing personal information. Ogilvy may collect and store personally identifiable information about you if you voluntarily submit such information to Ogilvy.
We will only collect personal information from you that we reasonably require for one or more of our business functions or activities, and will do so by lawful and fair means.
The kinds of personal information we may collect from you will depend on what type of interaction you have with us. However, it may include, among other things:
- Personal information you provide directly to us, including when you contact us to enquire about our services or product offerings; subscribe to our mailing list, use a Website or interact or follow our social media pages like Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and Instagram. This information may include, for example, your name, email address and telephone number;
- If you are applying for a position with Ogilvy, we will collect information as outlined in the section below entitled “Employment Applications”;
In some circumstances, we may collect personal information from third parties such as recruitment agencies, social media platforms and other data providers or organisations that share the data in circumstance where it is lawful and/or you have given permission for them to do so. Where we do, we will ensure that we act in accordance with relevant Australian laws.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information Collected by Ogilvy
Ogilvy may also automatically collect (through cookies, described below, and other methods) and store aggregate or anonymous information about user contact with and use of the Website. Examples of this type of information include demographic information, the type of internet browser you are using, the type of computer operating system application software and peripherals you are using, the domain name of the web site from which you linked to our Website and your browsing habits on and usage of the Website. Non-personally identifiable information may also include personally identifiable information that has been aggregated so that no one individual is specifically identifiable (such as, how many users in a particular city access a Website).
Where your personal information is stored
Where we store your personal information depends on what interaction you have had with us. However, some areas may include:
- Databases for processing customer enquiries or feedback; or
- Email or SMS databases for marketing communications about our products and services.
How your personal information is stored
Ogilvy takes reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss or unauthorised access and to keep this information accurate, up to date, complete and relevant. The information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities. This service may be performed on our behalf and data may be hosted by our selected data storage providers. In some cases these facilities may be overseas, including in Indonesia. Ogilvy cannot ensure the security of any information transmitted to or from a Website or the security of information contained on a Website. Accordingly, although we strive to protect such information, we do not warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online services and you use these services at your own risk.
If a substantial data breach has or may have occurred (for example, your personal information was shared with unauthorised persons) we will notify you as soon as is practicable and may notify the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner about that actual or possible breach.
We only keep your personal information for as long as it is required for the purpose for which it was collected, for example to administer a promotion or consider your employment application, or as otherwise required by law. We will take appropriate measures to destroy or permanently de-identity your personal information if we no longer need to retain it. These measures may vary depending on the type of information concerned, the way it was collected and how it was stored.
How your personal information will be used
We collect your personal information so that we can use it for our functions and activities and provide products and services to you, which include, among other things:
- administering and responding to your enquiry or feedback about our products and/or services;
- administering and conducting traineeships;
- facilitating our internal business operations, including fulfilment of any legal and regulatory requirements;
- improving the operation or navigation of our websites;
- maintaining and improving the functionality of a Website to provide better service to Website visitors and users, including the compilation and analysis of statistics and trends, the provision of information to you relating to the content available on that Website and any e-commerce transactions conducted via that Website;
- processing and considering your employment application and conducting reference checks (refer to Employment Application section below);
- providing direct marketing materials, events, special offers, competitions and promotions in person and via any medium including mail, telephone and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), IM (Instant Messaging), email) or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel;
- providing you with relevant advertising when you use our Websites or those of a third party; and
We may also use your personal information for other purposes not listed above which will be made clear to you at the time we collect your personal information, or for such purposes as may be required or permitted by law.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
For the purposes described above, or to operate a Website or deliver a service, personal information may be shared with our group companies, selected service providers and other trusted third parties (and their directors, servants and agents) either in Australia or overseas including in Indonesia and New Zealand. Our group companies, selected service providers and/or other trust third parties may be engaged to provide a variety of functions, such as legal and accounting services, data storage, and providing technical services for our websites. These companies may have access to personal information if needed to perform such functions.
We may also disclose personal information we collect from you:
- to our related companies, suppliers, consultants, contractors or agents for other purposes directly related to the purpose for which the personal information is collected;
- where the law requires or authorises us to do so;
- to others that you have been informed of at the time any personal information is collected from you; and
- with your consent (express or implied) to others.
Opting in or out procedures
Passive Information Collection
As with many commercial websites, we may also collect information which tells us about visitors to our Websites. For example, we may collect information about the date, time and duration of visits and which pages of a Website are most commonly accessed. This information is generally not linked to the identity of visitors, except where a Website is accessed via links in an email we have sent or where we are able to uniquely identify the device or user accessing a Website. By accessing a Website via links in an email we have sent and/or by accessing a Website generally, you consent to the collection of such information where it is personal information.
Our Websites may use and combine such passively collected anonymous information or personal information from various third party sources to provide better service to Website visitors and users, customise a Website based on your preferences, compile and analyse statistics and trends, and otherwise administer and improve a Website for your use. We may combine your visitor session information or other information collected through tracking technologies with personally identifiable information from time to time in order to understand and measure your online experiences and to determine what products, promotions and services are likely to be of interest to you. By accessing a Website, you consent to information about you being collected, compiled and used in this way.
Generally, the type of personal information we collect about applicants is the information included in your application for employment, for example, your name, postal address, telephone number, email address, education details, employment history and other information relating to your work experience.
In considering your application, we may also obtain personal information about you from third parties, for example, from your previous employers or nominated referees. Subject to your consent, we may also collect sensitive information about you such as information about your health (including any disability), visa or immigration status or any criminal record you may have.
We collect personal information for any one or more of the following purposes:
- assessing you for a position with us or one of our related entities;
- assessing whether you are suitable to progress to each stage of the recruitment process for a vacant position;
- storing your information for future employment opportunities.
If you do not provide us with the information we request, we will be unable to do one or more of the above.
We may disclose your information to:
- referees or previous employers;
- recruitment agencies or agencies or contractors acting on our behalf;
- our related entities;
- law enforcement agencies to verify whether you have a criminal record;
- educational organisations to the extent necessary to verify your qualifications; and
- immigration attorney to verify your visa status if you are on a working visa.
If we engage third party contractors to perform services for us which involves handling personal information, we will take reasonable steps to prevent the contractor from using the personal information except for the purpose for which it was supplied.
Third party websites
We may offer links to websites that are operated by third parties. If you visit one of these linked websites, you should review their privacy and other policies. We are not responsible for the policies and practices of third parties.
Access and Correction of your Personal Information
You may, at any time, request access and correction to any personal information we hold about you by contacting us (refer to Privacy Queries section below). If you make an access request, we may ask you to verify your identity and put your request in writing for security reasons.
Customer Confidentiality and Security
Ogilvy has strict processes and procedures in place to maintain confidential customer information. For more information on these processes and procedures please contact email@example.com
If you have any questions or complaints about how we handle your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
THE BOND, Level 5,
30 Hickson Road, Millers Point, NSW 2000
Telephone: (02) 9373 6333 (9.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday)
We will consider your question or complaint and respond to you in a reasonable timeframe. If you do not receive a satisfactory response to your query, problem or complaint within 30 days, you may refer your query, problem or complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
This Policy was last updated on November 8th, 2015.