Thanks for downloading. Click the button below to get the full article
Iron Jack salutes a good bloke – and his dog – in new campaign via Ogilvy
Sydney, September 24, 2018: Following one of the most successful new beer launches in the past decade, Lion Beer Australia is continuing its mission to have Iron Jack become a household name, this week unveiling a new campaign aimed at showcasing the universal bond between man and dog.
Developed by Ogilvy in partnership with UM and Geometry Global, the nationwide campaign is spearheaded by a TVC that showcases the qualities of a good capable man. Supported by radio, the campaign also demonstrates that the Thirst Crushing Refreshment of an Iron Jack makes it the perfect beer for all-round good Aussie blokes.
An OOH campaign, also live from this week, champions the beer itself as clean and refreshing. Supporting digital and social activity, also developed by Ogilvy, will be launched in the coming weeks.
“Australia has changed so much in the last two decades. And for many men, the world they find themselves in is complex. Their roles and responsibilities have grown and what is expected of them has become harder to navigate. Whilst a lot has changed, what it takes to be a good bloke hasn’t. And we wanted to send a simple message to Australia to remind them of that,” said Toby Harrison, Chief Strategy Officer at Ogilvy Australia.
Amy Darvill, Lion’s Portfolio Marketing Manager (Contemporary brands), said of the campaign’s ‘hero’ character: “He’s a handy, switched on sort of guy – but he’d be the last to admit it. He’s the sort of bloke everybody wants to have around or be around. While at the end of a hard day there is nothing better than an ice-cold Iron Jack, a good bloke looks after those around him first. That’s just the kind of guy he is."
The campaign’s creative also highlights the relationship between man and his dog, as part of Iron Jack's commitment to help Australian Working Dog Rescue International (AWDRI) save more than 1,600 dogs.
Iron Jack’s partnership will provide AWDRI with financial and marketing support, and volunteer hours from its marketing team, enabling AWDRI to continue its efforts rescuing working dogs across Australia. The organisation provides vet work, training, rehoming and increasing fundraising and awareness opportunities.
Iron Jack’s partnership with AWDRI also follows the launch of its “Beers for the Bush” campaign to raise $1 million for farmers affected by drought through supporting Rural Aid. Iron Jack will donate $1 from every carton sold nationally, and 50 cents from each schooner of Iron Jack sold at selected regional venues to help support local relief efforts led by the charity.
“Iron Jack’s commitment to these causes is a reflection of what our brand, and what the Lion Beer Australia business is all about,“ Darvill concluded. The campaign can be viewed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfyJF1ZObdg
- Amy Darvill – Portfolio Marketing Manager Contemporary Brands
- Ed Jamison – Senior Brand Manager
- Liam Jeffries – Brand Manager
- Declan O’Dwyer – Group Business Director
- Chris Colter – Sydney Strategy Director
- Toby Young – National Connections Design Director
- Michelle Grogan – Client Director
- Jonny Day – Connections Design Director
- Lorena Chiarella – Partnerships Director
- Boris Garelja – Creative Director
- Carl Robertson – Art Director
- Toby Harrison – Chief Strategy Officer
- Andrew Braithwaite – Strategic Planner
- Ben Frost – Group Account Director
- Ola Moszumanska – Account Director
- Pippa Coleman – Senior Account Manager
- Renee Nadin – Broadcast Producer
- Director: Scott Pickett
- Executive Producer: Adrian Shapiro
- Producer: Yolande Dewey
- DOP: Crighton Bone
- Production Designer: Jon Dowding
- Editor: Stu Morely
- Post: The Editors
- Sound Studio: Song Zu
- Music Supervisor: Ramesh Sathiah
- Sound Designer: Abigail Sie
- Audio Producer: Meg Drummond
- Kate Warren-Smith - General Manager
- Belinda McKinnon – Group Account Director
- Ashley Cheng – Senior Account Manager
- Ben Walker – Planning Director
- Brad Madge – Creative Director